Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!







What a fun day! I decided to take the day off today to get caught up on some sleep and to spend some time with Jack. It was great! I got to sleep in, take Jack around to show him off in his adorable costume, take a nap, and get some cleaning done, all before the big activities for the night. We get a huge amount of trick-or-treaters at our house so they keep us on our toes. Once again this year we ran out of candy and had to dig out fruit snacks before we gave up and shut the light off. We still had people knocking after the light was off! I had ordered 2 trick or treat bags from Williams-Sonoma that were clearanced down to $2.99 a piece (originally $19.99) and they provided free monogramming and shipping, but it wouldn't arrive until after Halloween (which is why it was clearanced) - but surprise - they arrived at 5:30 tonight, just in time for trick-or-treating! I could've had Jack's name put on it, but since we don't know what baby #2 will be (and still don't have names picked out) I figured I'd just play it safe and put our last name on both - then it can be used for multiple children. :-) Jack was such a cute little lion! If you asked him what a lion says he would give you a meek little roar. He kept his costume on pretty well too - up until I got the camera out! So this picture is all I got with the new camera. We have a couple of other pictures on the old camera from when he first tried it on so we do have more at least. Speaking of my new camera - it came with the smallest memory card ever! Literally it only holds 8 pictures! I just figured we would be able to use the memory card from the old camera but they are different sizes. Rats. I think the camera will be nice once I actually figure it out tho. It has so many options that it is a little overwhelming. I just had a blast hanging out with Jack today - he's such a good natured little guy. It makes me look forward to maternity leave when I'll be home with him every day, but I know realistically it won't be the picnic I'm picturing in my mind since I'll be so busy with new baby. My other news is that my Grandma had surgery yesterday and had a drop in blood pressure in the night so they are keeping her an extra day. I'm sure she's ok but I can't help but worry about her - wish I could be there with her. Sorry this is so long-winded, guess that's what happens when I don't blog for awhile....

No comments: