Monday, April 21, 2008

The Highs and Lows of Parenting

The High for the week: My sweet little Jack. This morning he was in an exceptional mood - very lovey, smiley. I sang to him on the way to daycare like I always do - twinkle twinkle little star and Old McDonald. This time he danced and tried to sing the E-I-E-I-O part, it was the first time he's tried to sing! His little smiles and giggles just melt me. But alas, I got him in the door at daycare and he cried when I left - it's so hard to leave him so upset. He's been back at Appletree for a couple of weeks now but it's still hard to say goodbye to Mom in the morning.

The Low for the week: My naughty little Jack. Saturday he had a complete meltdown at the mall, unlike anything I've ever seen. He wouldn't walk, he would just go limp. Screamed and carried on something awful - I had to take him to the car and put him in his carseat to take him home. At one point he was trying to wiggle away from me and caught his cheek on my keys. Which then caused me to have to reschedule his pictures for Sunday! Sigh.

Little Danny has been doing great - he rolled over for the first time on April 14th for my Mom. Luckily he did a replay of it that evening so I could see it too. :-) Mom's been watching him for us during the day until he can start with Jack at the new daycare. It's been a really great bonding time for them, and I've certainly gotten used to being able to see him over my lunch hour every day! Danny is still as smiley as ever - he's such a good natured baby. Mom got an offer on her house on Tuesday so she is officially moving down here! She said this time with the boys really solidified her decision that she wanted to move to be closer to all of us, which makes me so happy!! We are in house hunting mode now - hopefully we can find something really cute but inexpensive for her! Luke is all settled in to his house now. It's so convenient to have him down the street, but we really need to get that kid a phone! I had to drive over there to invite him to dinner the other night which was highly annoying. In other news, I've now lost 25 lbs since Jan 1! I ran into quite a few people this weekend that I hadn't seen in awhile and it felt great to hear such positive feedback from them! I know I've dropped sizes but sometimes I look in the mirror and just see the same old me - it's nice to know others can see the difference. I still am working at losing more and just becoming a healthier person.

TV - Glad the Office is back on, disappointed the Biggest Loser is done. If anyone knows when the next season starts I'd love to know!

No comments: