
My room at Club Quarters

Just about to check out....

City Hall - it's HUGE!

Independence Hall

I had a BLAST in Philadelphia! The city is really neat and everything was pretty close together so I was able to walk with Danny. The only disappointment I had was that they wouldn't let me in the US Mint since I had a camera with me and I didn't have anywhere I could put it or anyone to hold it since I was by myself. The people of Philadelphia were super friendly, I don't know if it was because I was travelling with a baby or if that is just how they always are? For example, I decided to take the train to the airport, and the train station was 2 blocks from my hotel. I was pushing the stroller with my right hand, pulling my luggage with my left. I actually had a nice little system going but a lady stopped me at the corner and asked if she could help me. She pulled my luggage one block and then when she stopped another lady took over for her all the way to the station! It was really sweet and greatly appreciated. Go Philadelphia! One funny thing about my day in Philadelphia.... Danny was quiet all morning until we get in the tour at Independence Hall. He started to jibber jabber and was so loud I had to leave the tour so people could hear! Sigh. LOL. I enjoyed my travels but I have to voice two beefs. First of all, many restrooms now have paper towels that are dispensed by a sensor. For some reason, I am apparently invisible because I can never get these dumb things to work and I virtually have to beg the dispenser to fork over paper towels. Very odd and annoying. My other complaint is that finding a place to nurse a baby in an airport, mall, or anywhere for that matter is no picnic. In an effort to maintain some level of privacy I have discovered many random nooks and crannys of places or end up nursing him in a bathroom stall somewhere, but it would be so nice if there were some designated areas for nursing mothers!

No comments:
Post a Comment