Oh my crazy life. This week has been the best and the worst all combined into one. My job has so many moving parts and it's a challenge to get everything done, much less do it RIGHT! I'm not one of those people that can see an issue is out there and just pass it by or leave it for someone else to clean up. I'm so thankful that Luke our intern has come on board. He's doing a great job and has relieved some of my workload which has been nice.
The great news for the week - I got a promotion!! I am no longer a Sr. Tax Accountant, my official title is now Tax Manager! I knew the promotion was in the works and I've been working towards this promotion as a personal goal, but I thought it was still a month or two away from reality. On Wednesday morning my friend Laura called to tell me congratulations and I didn't know what she was talking about! Turns out HR had slipped up and announced my promotion in the company newsletter before my boss had a chance to tell me about it! Peggy (Tax Director/Rock Star) was out of the country all week but I had to call her later in the day about some other issues that were urgent in nature. At the end of the call I mentioned that people had been calling and emailing me congratulations all morning because it was announced in the newsletter that I had been promoted! Needless to say she was not expecting that and was disappointed that it ruined the surprise. She said she had planned to tell me and make a big deal out of it on Monday when she returned to the office, to which I told her she is still more than welcome to make a big deal out of it as I love the praise! On Thursday Peggy sent a company wide email officially announcing my promotion and it was so fun getting calls and emails from people with their congratulations. My friends from Deloitte even sent me some congratulatory flowers today which are just beautiful! So needless to say it's been a fun couple of days.
So I know I haven't checked in for quite some time but life has really been chaotic. The boys are doing awesome. I have to be the luckiest woman in the world to have these two. Danny is starting to say some words, his favorites are "my ball, more, book, and Elmo" He also knows the sign language for eat and more so he uses those frequently - the kid can EAT! Jack has been so much fun and communicates so well these days. I think he's going to be bossy like his mom - he told me this morning that he pushed Danny down because he told him to sit and he didn't listen. When I asked him why Danny should listen to him he said because Danny is a baby and Jack is a big boy. When I tuck Jack in at night he asks me to snuggle with him for three minutes (yes, he's awfully specific) and he is such a sweet little snuggler. He puts his arm under my neck and wraps his other arm over me and puts his cheek up against my cheek - such a lover boy! He still plays the game of how many kisses he can give Mommy. So he'll tell me he is going to give Mommy 5 kisses and I have to sit still while he kisses my cheek 5 times. I know it won't be too much longer that he won't have time for Mom so I'm trying to soak it up while I can get the attention! Jack has been learning to spell and we watch SuperWhy together with Danny every morning. He insists that I put my hand in and say "Super readers, to the rescue!" So far he knows how to spell Jack, Mommy, Daddy, Danny, Luke, dog, cat, stop, and Buddy, plus he knows his phone number! Occasionally he spells the grandparents names but he forgets how to start their names. We bought him some letters that stick to the wall in the bathtub and I think he would stay in there for hours if we let him just putting the letters together! The boys really love playing outside in the nice weather. Brandon has been building a new deck for us so Jack likes to "help" Daddy. Brandon has been so great as I've been travelling a fair amount for work this year and have three trips expected this month (Oklahoma, Mississippi, and Chicago). Hopefully after that the travel will settle down for a bit. That's enough to report for tonight!
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment