Today we had to say goodbye to our sweet dog Buddy. As seems to be the case with our family these days we were not prepared for this loss. Not that it would make it any easier I'm sure. Buddy was such a good dog for the boys. Always so gentle even when they were really little and would tug on his ears. Jack told me tonight that his heart was broke because he will miss his pal. It was just two days ago that Jack woke up in the morning and asked where Buddy was. I told him he was at Grandma Lin's and he said that he loved him and missed him and wanted him to come home. Jack loved that Buddy knew how to shake. Buddy was a very loving dog, except when it came to our friend Eric. He didn't like him from day one and that never changed!
As much as we loved Buddy he was notoriously naughty. Even just this week he was only in the door for about 5 seconds before he tried to eat the gingerbread house the boys made. He scratched up the sliding glass door, the bathroom door and trim, and once ate a $400 pair of glasses just three weeks before my lasik surgery requiring me to wear a hideous pair until surgery since I couldn't wear contacts. He even dug up the carpet in what is now Jenna's bedroom. He was an opportunist - the second your back was turned he would steal food off the kids plates or drag his butt on the carpet. He once pooped in the house and I stepped in it, barefoot, when I was pregnant, which the smell and feel of it made me throw up. And he loved nothing better then taking a snooze on the table when we were gone. But even with all of his shenanigans we loved him SO much, and he loved us. We will miss you so much Buddy!!! I swear I can hear you scratching at the door wanting to go out.


No comments:
Post a Comment