Monday, September 3, 2012

Welcome Dylan Dale McCune!

I am proud to announce the birth of my son Dylan! It's obviously been a long time since I've posted. I hadn't even posted that I was pregnant! I found out back on January 5th that we had another kiddo on the way, talk about a surprising start to the new year! The pregnancy went quite smooth and to be honest felt like the fastest pregnancy ever. I had gestational diabetes again and had a bout of PUPPS at 35 weeks but overall a healthy pregnancy. I was able to enjoy my first summer at home with the kids and it was a wonderful summer, at least the first half anyway! July 15th was a regular Sunday morning until a drunk driver tore through our privacy fence and totalled both of our vehicles that were parked in the driveway. The driver had a blook alcohol level of .38 and had his windows down so got pretty banged up. I spent the next month dealing with insurance and purchasing new vehicles. We also discovered shortly after the accident that our newly finished basement was getting water damage on some of the walls. Me and Brandon were beside ourselves as to what to do and after consulting with many people and contractors we determined that we needed to do some grading work out front. While doing the landscaping they discovered our sprinkler system was a total mess and likely causing most of our water issues. On to late August...Sunday August 19th little Jenna took a spill off of Danny's bed and hurt her arm. She cried for awhile and was hesitant to use her arm so I tried to take her to urgent care but they were closed. She was chatting away in the backseat and no longer crying so I didn't feel like it was an ER situation and took her home. The next day was my first day back at work so I asked Grandma Lin to take Jenna to the Dr. since she didn't sleep well the night before. We felt terrible when we found out that her elbow was dislocated and she had fractured her distal ulna. She is now sporting a little pink cast. Her elboe popped back into place during the xray. Next day Tuesday August 21st...my second day at work and my last day before maternity leave. I got home from work and got a call from Brandon that he hurt himself at work. His words were "I'm pretty sure my finger in in tact but I'm for sure going to need stitches" - what?!?! I met him up at urgent care where he got stitches and instructions to stop in at the ER the next day to give it a second look. Since we were going to be at the hospital anyway this was a good option. Wednesday, August 22nd...Brandon's birthday and our scheduled c-section at 39 weeks 1 day (my due date was August 28th). We got up to the hospital at 7am after a night of very little sleep. I didn't necessarily feel nervous or anxious, I just couldn't shut my brain off. They prepped me for surgery and we waited for a bit for Dr. Schneider to arrive. Turns out she was running late because she fell while she was out running that morning. The c-section went well and it was a beautiful sound to hear him cry for the first time! Dylan is our smallest baby at 6 lbs 9.5 oz, 18.5 inches! Doctor told us that the cord was wrapped around his neck twice PLUS he had a knot in his cord. Thank goodness it was loose. For the first time I was able to spend time with baby right away after surgery. I was so excited to see him in the recovery room with me! As things were starting to settle down Brandon headed down to the ER to get his finger checked out. We were kind of nervous because his finger was cold and didn't have feeling. Turns out when Brandon cut his finger on that fan belt he nicked an artery and the urgent care Dr missed it. They reopened his finger, cauterized the artery, and gave him double the stitches he had received the day before. Karen came up to meet Dylan and went down to the ER to check on Brandon, which was a good thing since he was in the ER for almost 2 hours! They put him on a heavy painkiller which meant he couldn't drive for a couple of days. We went from having no cars to no drivers! He will be getting his stitches out tomorrow and will be back to work full time. I will miss having him home with us. Dylan is a wonderful, beautiful baby! It didn't take long for me to fall hopelessly in love. Dylan will be going on his first road trip this week. Unfortunately we are going to Superior WI to attend my Grandma Eleanors funeral. She passed away on Saturday September 1st at the age of 89. I'm looking forward to seeing family and introducing baby Dylan, I just wish it was under different circumstances. I'll be home on leave for another 6 weeks and am going to soak up my time with these little ones. I am so blessed - a wonderful husband and four beautiful kids!

No comments: