Sunday, July 29, 2007
A new church?
We decided to venture out of our comfort zone and check out a new church today! The church that we had previously considered our home church was just not a right fit for us anymore. Very traditional (and elderly) with not many activities for kids. In fact, we hadn't attended church in months because we just weren't getting anything out of it. It was a big step to check out this church, because we wanted so much to like our home church. After all, Brandon grew up there, we were married there, our son was baptized there. This new church was completely different, it is much more contemporary and youthful. The worship music was not out of a hymnal, it was music that I hear on K-LOVE all the time. The message was very simple and relatable to our lives (Brandon and I even talked about the message when we got home - something that's never happened before), and the nursery was age specific and a fun experience for Jack. There were actually quite a few people that we knew which was really nice, and it looks like they have a lot of activities to get involved with. I'm surprised at how excited I am about this new church and how right it felt for us. I'm so thankful! I really want our children to have a positive experience with church and for it to be something for them to look forward to every week, not an obligation. I think faith has really molded who I am today and I want that for my family too. I'm just sad we didn't check it out sooner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment