Friday, May 16, 2008

Mothers Day

I had a nice Mothers day this year - we had a cookout at our house and Brandon and Dan finished the trim on our new sliding glass door. Looks great! Mom and Luke and I went to Ironman - it was nice to get out to a movie with the fam. We thought these pictures of Jack diving into the baked beans were so funny, until it was all over his crib, the carpet, and the wall the following morning! He's been fighting a cold all week and he coughed so hard he threw up. Yuck. Speaking of yuck, Jack had a runny nose today, and while I was holding him his face hit me in the mouth and I got snot on my lips! I've been grossed out all day by it and I'm convinced I'm going to get sick. I've tried to be so diligent about washing my hands to avoid it then get hit in the mouth with snot - go figure. I was home with the boys today because I got called at work yesterday around 3pm that Jack had a fever over 103. He seems to be doing somewhat better now but still isn't eating much.

In other news, I started a class for my MBA this week - Quantitative Analysis. I discovered that I needed to buy some software to complete the course - $79! That was the discounted price at WIT for being faculty! Ouch. Oh well. Once this class is over I will have only 4 courses left until I have my masters degree so it's cool that it's within reach! Brandon and I are within reach of accomplishing another big goal - being credit card free! Our balance is less than $1,000 and our 0% runs out at the end of June so we are trying to hit it hard and get it out of our lives forever. I never would've thought I would be so happy to make credit card payments!





No comments: