Well, I know I'm behind on my posting so this could get lengthy. Here's the latest and greatest....
I have a cleaning lady now! She is awesome too. I never expected to need cleaning help (or be at the point I could admit it anyway) but between my job, the kids, the class I'm taking and the class I'm teaching, it's just too much. The cleaning was just not getting done and I had to call in reinforcements. I don't know how long it will last but I'll enjoy it while I can.
Brandon: I don't remember if I posted about this or not but I had a surprise 30th birthday party for him in August. There were about 35 people there so it was lots of fun. I'm the luckiest girl in the world - I just adore this man and am so blessed to have him in my life. Not only is he an awesome husband but he's a wonderful father to the boys. I was able to leave town for five days and know that the boys were in excellent hands.
Jack: He is talking SO much. It's so much fun! He says the funniest things. Here are some of his top phrases (these get repeated often)...
...The train is loud, Jack cried.
...The sun is bright
...Goodbye moon, later
...Buddy chewed napkin
...Buddy ate sausage, and finally,
...Jack pooped a carrot (yes, you read that right)
Danny is growing so much. He's such a smiley little guy and he loves feeding himself. He's limited in what he can eat since he still doesn't have any teeth but he gives it a valiant effort! I've noticed this week that he's a lot more sturdy then he used to be, he's really moving from a baby to a toddler. It's very bittersweet. I don't know if Danny will be the last McCune baby or not, but regardless I'm trying to savor baby time. I received a lot of nice comments about the article from the paper. I'm so glad word is getting out - awareness makes all the difference.
My job is great. I still love it and find it challenging and rewarding. It keeps me super busy though and is draining. I feel like I'm more exhausted at night, although I'm writing this at 1:00 in the morning so I can't be too exhausted. I think I'm up later on the weekends because it's my only time that I can be on the computer without taking time from the boys.
I'm missing on some of my friends lately. Some have moved away, others are busy as I am with work and motherhood. Just wanted to let you guys know I love you and miss you and hope we can catch up soon! I enjoyed a nice conversation with Summer today (shout out!) LOL and it just reminds me how much I miss her. It's definitely good to hang with the girls once in awhile. Speaking of friends, Brandon and I are now involved with a small group from our church and it is amazing. The four other couples in our group are in similar stages of life and are very caring, genuine people. We look forward to getting to know them more and growing in Christ together, so that has been very exciting.
I'm off to find my digital camera cable and then to bed. Maybe I'll get some pictures posted yet tonight.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment