
Me! Hanging out with my hubby at the Galleria Mall in Dallas

My cute hubby Brandon

The ice skating rink in the Galleria Mall in Dallas

At the Dallas Stars Hockey game!

We have so much excitement going on right now! We leave on our big trip on Saturday March 21st, I can't wait! It will be great taking a trip with the boys although I'm wondering how we will manage all of our stuff! We decided to rent car seats from the car rental agency rather than lugging them from home. It's obviously expensive at $10 a day (times 2!) but I think it will create a lot less to carry on the flight. Danny's article is supposed to come out on Saturday too so that will be fun to see before we leave. The First Candle organization has set up the interviews for Wednesday at Capitol Hill and it looks like I will be meeting with Senators Mike Johanns and Ben Nelson in addition to Congressman Jeff Fortenberry so that is exciting!
Jack has a birthday coming up! Hard to believe he will soon be 3! I had this brilliant idea to take him to Factory Card & Party Outlet tonight to pick out some decorations and invitations for his party and it did not go well. It was item overload for him and he had a hard time deciding what he wanted. The firetruck or Elmo? Elmo or the Lion? The Lion or Thomas the Train? He ended up with the Lion and wanted to carry all of the items to car. I have no problem letting him carry things to the car, but because he was carrying the bag he didn't want to hold my hand in the parking lot which of course is non-negotiable. He melted down on me in the parking lot when I grabbed his hand and forced him to the car. He sobbed and sobbed in the car. When we got home he told Daddy "Jack freaked out" - yeah, that's about right!
The weather has been beautiful the last couple of days. The boys have had so much fun playing in the backyard. Jack likes playing with his basketball and hoop while Danny just likes the freedom of walking around and getting pulled in the wagon. Jack's been doing great with the potty training and is obsessed with letters. He watches his leap frog letter factory movie in the car and knows the phonics for all the letters so that is fun. He's so obsessed with letters that he even noticed when he went "number 2" and it looked like a "J". The funniest thing about that is a couple of days later he told me he was going to go and make another "J" and then changed his mind and said he wanted to make a "M". I said - this I have to see! LOL
Little Danny is walking around really well. The boys like to chase each other around the house and wrestle although we try to prevent it! They play a little rough but they love each other dearly! Danny seems to be pretty vocal and has figured out how to get his point across even though the only word he says consistently is "ball". I am pretty sure he said "cow" the other night too. He's an excellent eater, the only thing he really doesn't like is tomato-based things such as spaghetti, lasagna, and pizza. He already knows how the tv works, he's been carrying around the remote control and points it at the tv. He likes watching Sesame Street and Barney with his big brother Jack. He's also been putting things in his ears! I asked Brandon to stop giving him Lucky Charms in the morning because I got sick of having to wipe marshmallow residue out of his ears!

No comments:
Post a Comment