I worked from home a couple of days ago due to an ice storm and had an unexpected visitor in the backyard in the afternoon - a possum! Jack let Buddy out because he was scratching at the door, not knowing it was because he wanted to go out and bark at the possum. I think Buddy realized quickly that he was in over his head and looked like he wanted to come back inside but he was scared to move. The boys talked about the possum like it was a pet telling Daddy later that night - we saw an animal in the backyard! They told a teacher at daycare the next day that the possum tried to eat Buddy LOL. So Buddy finally came inside and I called animal control to come get the possum. They never showed up and have been calling us the last couple of days telling us why they still can't come out to trap the possum for whatever reason - they were stuck in a ditch, the traps were in a shed that was covered with snow, etc. Just come get the possum already!
The next day I had quite the morning...
It started with waking up late which made me feel rushed and then rushing the boys. Due to the ice storm and Brandon being unable to get ice melt from the store since they were all out, the deck and backyard were just a sheet of ice. Jack got about half way out to the garage and started to panic and cried for help. I was on the deck with Danny who was yelling "Carry Me!" and tried to be a limp noodle in hopes that I would give up and carry him. My pregnant belly and laptop and purse did not allow me to carry anyone and maintain my balance! We finally made it to the garage and I said to Jack - "Wow, it was a lot more slippery then Mommy thought!" to which he replied - "I thought it was a hockey game!"
I got to the preschool and realized I was going to be about 15 minutes late for work! Ugh. Even worse, I got an alert on my phone that I had a conference call in minutes! So I rushed the boys in and they could sense they were being rushed and of course grabbed on to me for dear life. I finally got out to the car and called in to my conference call from the mall parking lot.
Just as I was finally getting to work the Tahoe started to act up. I should have just drove it right to Knoepfler but I got all the way parked in the parking ramp before I decided I better take it over there. I borrowed the Suburban and got to the parking ramp and discovered when i went to get out that there was no door handle! I had completely forgot it was broken and due to my frustration over the morning I just started laughing and couldn't think of how to get out. Once I took a second I realized all I had to do was put the key in the ignition and roll the window down! Then the final straw was when I got into work and my badge wouldn't work. The problem was that I wasn't wearing my work badge, I was wearing Jack's Musketeers kids club badge! At that point I had no idea where my work badge was even though it was just in my coat pocket. By the time I got to my desk I was exhausted and ready to call it a day! The day did improve...
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment