The day finally arrived, after 6 years of classes I graduated with my Masters degree in Business Administration from the University of South Dakota! The graduation ceremony was LONG - 3 hours! I hadn't really thought through the whole sitting on a folding chair for that long while I was this pregnant, I could feel my feet swelling while I sat there! The speaker was awful, he blabbed on and on and there was no motivation or point in his speech. With that being said, it was still a very rewarding experience and I am glad that I participated in commencement! There were over 1,200 graduates, the bachelors degree graduates wore red gowns while the masters and doctorate degree graduates wore black gowns with different color tassels and robes to signify what program they were in. Business department had blue tassels and robes. I was shocked at how young some of the graduates were, even the gradautes from the medical school! I felt old all of a sudden watching Doogie get his degree. While waiting in line with my fellow graduates before the ceremony I got to meet many of them in person for the first time after taking online classes for the last couple of years. We discussed some of the tough classes we went through and then the topic of student debt came into the mix. I am so lucky that tuition reimbursement paid for my entire masters degree besides books!
That night we had a pizza party at El Fredo's with close family and friends to celebrate. So fun, wow was I exhausted after all the excitement! I got some really neat gifts too - Mom, Grandma Donna and Grandpa Virgil got me a gift card to the spa and some beautiful jewelry and Brandon bought me an iPod!
After graduation

Me and the hubby

Me and Mom

They got me a cake at work to celebrate!




No comments:
Post a Comment