Friday, August 20, 2010

Danny Scott - 2 1/2 years old

So adorable! Little Danny is such an imp. He just started in the lion room at school and he has been SO excited. In order to move up to the next room he had to be potty-trained, so we decided to pull out the big guns and just start putting him in underwear. The first day he was so happy to have underwear with Captain America on it. When he had an accident he got very upset and sais "oh no, I went potty on America!" Too funny. He still is figuring it all out and has a lot of false alarms where he says he needs to go potty but then says he doesn't when he gets in the bathroom, and also walks around holding his butt when he needs to "make a brown". He has made big progress tho and even goes potty standing up!

Danny has an amazing imagination and can keep himself entertained for hours with just a handful of happy meal toys. He looks up to his big brother Jack and follows him around, but is getting better at asserting himself when Jack tells him to do something he doesn't want to do. Just last night Jack wanted him to do something and he said "I'm tired Jack!" I hope he continues to stand up for himself or Jack will have him in all sorts of schemes and shenanigans when he gets older! I've noticed that he tries to use his charms to get what he wants and blends into the background when it's time to clean up toys. I initially thought that he was lazy but the more I watch him I think he's just crafty. He is stubborn, there are times we will tell him to do something or go to time out and he will choose time out. Even if it means sitting there for a half hour until he's ready to cooperate. A good example is at the lake last week during our visit with Carly (more on that later), he chose to go to time out rather than take a bite of his corn. He went back and forth from the table to time out for about a half hour, and at one point even said "I want mommy...to eat my corn"...like I said, trying to bring on the charm and get somebody else to do the work! He finally gave in and tried the corn and went off to play. Everyone was long done with dinner so we cleared his plate, and minutes later he came back looking for his plate. He wanted more corn!


Little stinker...

Look at those eye lashes!


No comments: