Friday, August 20, 2010

Jack Lucas - 4 years old

I love my little Jackaroo! He is getting so big. Brandon and I have both noticed that he is maturing and not having as many tantrums as he was, and when he does he snaps out of them pretty quick. Yesterday we had our first successful dentist appointment and he let them clean his teeth, count them (he had 20!), and paint some vitamins on them. They let him pick out a prize for being such a good boy, and he bypassed the cars and trucks and picked out a ring with a flower on it to give as a gift to his mommy. How sweet was that? He started in the panda bear room at school but wasn't near as thrilled as Danny was about changing rooms. He has had apprehension every time he has changed rooms, he is definitely a child that appreciates routine. Once he saw most of his friends had moved into the panda bear room too he was much more willing to give it a try.

Jack is so stinking smart. He loves puzzles and can write the whole alphabet now and is learning to spell words. He loves to learn, I hope that will take him far in school. He likes to play Go Fish and Candy Land. Just last night I was playing Candy Land with him and he didn't like one of the cards he got and tried to change the rules (which I've read is very common at this age). Then when I won the game he cried because he wanted to win. Looks like he will be competitive like his Mommy! Speaking of being like his Mommy, Jack loves to take charge of just about everything. He apparently is the self-appointed boss of Danny and loves to tell him what he can and cannot do. I heard him tell Danny one day that if he did what he was told he could have a treat! I don't know how Jack thought he was going to get this treat but appreciated he was trying the reward system. :-) Jack is still very sensitive, and Danny knows just how to push his buttons. The common scenario is Danny telling Jack something that he knows will anger him and Jack will get all fired up trying to get Danny to take it back. For example, Danny will tell Jack "I beat you!" and Jack will say "It's not a race Danny!" and Danny will say "yes it is!" which brings Jack to tears as he screams at Danny "NO IT'S NOT!" and Danny screams right back "YES IT IS!" Sigh. This is why Mommy needs peace and quite sometimes.







No comments: