Thursday, December 3, 2009

December update

I can't believe it has been over a month since my last posting - where has the time gone? I'm now 10 weeks pregnant and feeling great - very little sickness but I've been super crabby. I had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and now have an official due date of June 30th. We've now upgraded to a larger vehicle to accomodate the third car seat. The Impala sold pretty quickly and we bought a used Tahoe from Knoepfler. It's nice but hard for me to get used too - I'm not very good at parking larger vehicles. It feels like I'm driving a bus! I still can't believe that I'm going to have another baby - I'm so blessed!

We've been enjoying some passes I got from a friend at work to go to the NAIA volleyball tournament in town. We get to eat and then the boys enjoy watching "bolleyball". The first night we went to the tournament we only saw the players practicing and Jack was very bothered by the fact that a ball went "rogue" into another court. He said "someone needs to get that ball!" at least five times!

Jack and Danny are fantastic. Jack is just a bundle of energy and is an absolute joy. His smile and giggle are contagious. He loves his stuffed doggies Clifford and Scooby Doo and the Madagscar movies. When Merry Madagascar came on the boys panicked - they are unfamiliar with commercials! How spoiled are these kids that they have never seen a commercial - they get to fast forward through everything on the dvr! Last night Grandma Lin came over and had bought the boys spiderman hats and mittens. He proceeded to wear Danny's around the house (as he liked his more) and danced and scooted all around - he was just so happy! I played hide and seek for the first time with Jack a couple of weeks ago. It ended up with me hiding in the corner in his bedroom while he watched cartoons. I heard him tell Danny that I went to the store so apparently he gave up looking! It's funny the things that toddlers say. One night he told me he wanted to talk to me about the letter "G". Ha!

Danny is turning 2 on Sunday - so hard to believe! We are having a bowling party for him - I hope he enjoys it! The boys always seem to have a good time when we take a family bowling night. He is such a little smarty pants and is talking like such a big boy. He can count up to 13 but then thinks the next number is 16 and we can't seem to tell him otherwise! He's also always concerned about "lunch" - lunch is what he calls every meal. He eats a full breakfast in the mornings and then goes to daycare and immediately says "want lunch" - he sure does have an appetite! They told me at daycare that Danny loves circle time and loves to learn. When we read books at home Jack and Danny are so focused and engaged - they both love to read! One of Danny's teachers posted this on facebook on November 10th:

Congratulations on the new baby! Can't wait to have he/she in my classroom :)! I miss Danny so much! He always makes my day when he says Kayla and gives me a hug! I can't believe he is almost two! You have a great child (children)! And very smart! Danny always amazes me when he talks to me! Today on the playground I think he told me his life story! Such a sweetheart! He told me yesterday "missted you" (dannys talk) and gave me the biggest hug I think I ever received!!! If you ever need a sitter let me know! I would love to watch the boys!! :)! Terrific children!!

Glee - this is my new favorite show! Totally crushing on Mr. Schuester. The show makes me wish that I had show choir when I was in school!

Those are all the updates I can think of for now. We had a fabulous Thanksgiving and certainly have a lot to be thankful for this year. All for now.

No comments: