Friday, October 29, 2010

Race for Hope 5K

On September 18th, Karen and I walked in the Cancer Center's Race for Hope in memory of Dan, and Jack ran the kids 1K! The weather was terrible and our legs were covered in mud by the end of it. We were inside the shelter due to rain when the kids 1K started so by the time we got outside with Jack the rest of the kids were long gone. I ran with Jack so he would want to go and then just as we got near the finish line he got a rush of adrenaline and took off! Left me in the dust - I was embarassed! He was so proud of his medal (which he broke within probably an hour by hitting it over Danny's head!) We got a thank you card in the mail a couple of weeks later and there was a picture of Jack holding his medal on the front of it! They also had a photo of a man's leg covered in mud that had a cancer ribbon tattoo on it. Jack said "hey, there is my foot!" I don't know why he thought that man leg belonged to him! We had a good time for a great cause and are hoping to make this a yearly event for our family. I am actually hoping to run it next year since I've started running now! I have been running 3.1 miles or more 3x a week consistently for the last month and would love to continue. I'm nervous about winter because I don't seem to do as well on a treadmill for some reason. I will keep plugging away tho!




No comments: